Assist the Test House Team Leader in the operation and running of the Test House by preparing test samples, machining and cutting to meet requirements of international and internal standards
Full time, permanent.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Follow the Values set by Henry Williams Limited.
- It is your duty whilst at work to take care for the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Highlight any hazards or areas of improvement surrounding Health & Safety to the relevant personnel.
- Follow all policies, process flows and standard operating procedures in respect to Health, Safety, Quality and Environment.
- Manufacture and refurbish forging dies using manual lathes and milling machines as required
- Produce test pieces using manual lathes and milling machines
- Preparation of test samples to meet the requirements of international and internal standards
- Conduct daily checking of test samples as required
- Maintain a high level of 6S in the maintenance area within the Test House at all times
- Understand the documented policies, procedures and standards which affect the operations of the testing laboratory
- Any other duties within the Test House as required
- Collection of samples (must hold a current, full, clean UK driving licence)
Essential job related skills and knowledge:
- Time served machinist or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- An understanding of the documented policies, procedures and standards which affect the operations of a testing laboratory
- Experience in the use of centre lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, linishers and band saws
- Setting/operating and manufacturing a variety of small/medium components to tight tolerances eg less than 0.25 mm
- Excellent attention to detail and high quality
- Ability to deliver products to deadlines
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Full, clean driving licence
Desirable job related skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of lean methodology (6S)
- An understanding of International Standards relating to Mechanical Testing
- Experience of working within a Test House environment
Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.15pm
Lunch break: 12 noon – 12.30pm
Friday – 4 hours between 6am – 12 noon (in agreement with Manager/Team Leader)
- 5 weeks holiday a year plus all recognised English Bank Holidays
- Free life assurance
- Pension scheme