Transition to the New Standards
We are pleased to announce that we have successfully completed the transition to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and BS EN ISO 14001:2015 standards. This sees the completion of 2 years hard work to revamp, modernise and integrate our QMS, EMS and H&S systems in-line with the recently published Annex SL ISO standard.
Using the transitional period as a catalyst for driving change throughout the business, the management team and supervisory staff embarked on a programme of training to understand the new standards. From there, the principles and building blocks of the system were defined as:
- Flow Chart procedures to capture of processes instead of long winded words
- Standard Operating Procedures, forms and documents then detail the requirements needed to meet the needs and interests of the relevant parties
- An all-encompassing Competency Management System for all individuals in the business
- A Control of Change database to document all product and process changes
- An NCR database which is used for Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety non-conformances
Once the system was in place; the focus moved to awareness, which involved training for all employees on the new requirements of the standard and also training in the new process flows and standard operating procedures for their role within the company. Whilst all this activity was taking place the transition process also began supported by BSi as part of our continual assessment visits. The Quality Management System was transitioned to the new standard in October 2017 with the Environmental Management System following in August 2018.
We are really proud of the work that has been put it to deliver the transition, ahead of schedule and we are now seeing the benefits we had desired at the beginning of the process.