Job Title – Cost and Management Accountant
Henry Williams Ltd is a versatile, multi-skilled engineering business based in Darlington. We supply goods to the road and rail sectors and have been around for over 130 years
To provide accurate and timely management and financial information and product costing data.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Accurate performance monitoring and reporting.
- First point of reference for management accounting information.
- Assist the accounts team with month end work and accounts production.
- Monitor and report standard and actual costs of production & sales.
- Produce Sales and Cost of Sales monthly reports, investigate variances, and advise management of the results.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- Develop reports using MS Excel, SQL via Crystal and MS Power BI, and Sage Payroll.
- Energy, waste, packaging, and R&D data collation.
- Be comfortable working with large datasets and data manipulation.
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
- A professional accountancy qualification, part qualified or QBE. (CIMA, ACCA, CA).
- Excellent IT skills including MS Excel to a very high level.
- Experience of manufacturing costing systems.
- Experience of SQL databases and reporting tools.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organising and planning skills.
- A flexible approach to hours.
Additional but not essential experience:
- Experience of Javelin ERP system & Exchequer accounts.
Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am – 4pm Friday, 30 minute lunch break (37 hours per week)
Variable Hours Scheme – the policy allows for a Friday finish time from 12 noon.
The company offers the following benefits:
- Profit related bonus scheme
- 5 weeks holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
- On-site parking
- Supplied work wear
- Attractive Company Pension Scheme (10%+)
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Free and confidential employee assist programme
- Employee company council