Accounts & Payroll Assistant
Henry Williams is an engineering company based in Darlington. We supply goods to the road and rail sectors and have been around for over 130 years.
Due to a senior member of our team leaving in March, we are re-organising the department and have a new role for an experienced Accounts & Payroll Assistant. You will be part of a team of 5 and be involved in all aspects of the busy department. You will specialise in Purchase Ledger, Payroll, and Credit Control but also be involved in month and year end accounts work as well as general office administration.
Duties and Responsibilities will include (as part of a team):
- Purchase Ledger including payment runs
- Sales Ledger including Credit Control
- Weekly and monthly payrolls
- Cash books and bank reconciliations
- Month end accounts and journal postings
- Analysis reporting and assisting the auditors
- Petty cash control and reporting
- Opening and distributing the post
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Reception & dealing with visitors
- General office admin
- Successful Candidate
It’s essential that you have:-
- AAT level 3 qualification
- Weekly and monthly payroll experience and are up to date with current legislation
- Several years Purchase Ledger experience
- Several years Sales Ledger and Credit Control experience
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Manufacturing administration background
- Friendly and reliable
- Good time management skills
- Exchequer Accounts, Javelin ERP experience or use of similar ERP software
- Able to start immediately
Monday – Friday (37 Hours)
- 5 Weeks holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Free life assurance
Please note: We are a designated “Key Supplier” and our staff have continued working throughout the Covid pandemic to supply equipment to the transport sector which keeps Britain’s people and supplies moving. Due to training needs you will be required to attend the office at least for an initial period. Some home working is possible after that, should restrictions continue. We have social distancing procedures in place and adhere to all of the required rules. Interviews will be via Zoom.
- All staff employees are required to wear a face covering when they are away from their desk.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering when interacting with employees.